Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Week 2 Blogpost -- Rhetoric!

Hello all readers!

This is my first post so please excuse the informality.

Anyways, I thought the readings for this week were pretty interesting in fact. Especially since one of them was in fact a comic. Yes, that is right I am a 3rd semester college student reading comics for English homework. Isn't life sweet guys. I really thought the idea behind the comic was interesting though, in all seriousness. They utilized the imagery and ability to appeal to our eyes while expressing their thoughts. I believe that is why we are more likely to pay attention to something formatted in this way, in the correct context of course. I'm not going to put a letter to the president of the United States in comic book format just to get my point across and heard. That would be unethical ladies and gentleman. The ability for the public to hear all alien encounters and experiences is a serious matter and should not be presented in comic book form. 8) I also appreciated the Murder Rhetorically reading as well. It was kinda "fun" i guess some might say... but the content was interesting. The main idea of what the writer was trying to get across in my opinion is, there is a certain way for speaking in certain situations and to certain people. We all will speak in different ways according the what we mean, what we want, or how we feel. We have grown accustomed to this and almost 'trick' people per say with the way we speak. We put on our puppy dog eyes and beg for what we can, don't we guys. Don't fool yourself you just simply want something and want to appeal to the person you want something from, simple as that. Overall, cool material and interesting reads!


Peace & love

No comments:

Post a Comment